In accordance with the provisions of article 22.2 of Law 34/2002, of July 11, on services of the information society and electronic commerce (hereinafter “LSSI“), we inform you about the cookies that the KAERTOR FOUNDATION (hereinafter, the “FOUNDATION“), uses on its website www.cancerinnova.com.
What is a Cookie?
A Cookie is an information file that the server of this Website sends to the device or terminal (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) of whoever accesses the page to store and retrieve information about the navigation that is carried out from said device or terminal, that is, it is a tool used by web servers to store and retrieve information about their visitors.
Cookies are necessary to facilitate navigation and do not damage your devices, allowing in turn to improve the quality and security of the website. In general, these technologies can serve very different purposes, such as, for example, access to users who have previously registered, access to areas, services, promotions or contests reserved exclusively for them without having to register for each visit. They are also used to measure the audience and traffic parameters, control the progress and number of entries.
Cookies have an expiration date, which can range from the duration of the session, to a specified future date after which they cease to be operational.
What types of cookies are there?
Several types of cookies can be distinguished according to their purpose, the period of time they remain active and the person or entity that manages them:
- Own cookies: are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Cookies managed by third parties: these are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
To use the website, it is not necessary for the user to allow the installation of the cookies sent by the website, or the third party acting on their behalf, without prejudice to the fact that it is necessary for the user to initiate a session as such in each of the services whose provision requires prior registration or “login”.
Keep in mind that, if you accept third-party cookies, you must delete them from the browser or device options from the system offered by the third party itself.
- Session cookies: are those designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page. They are usually used to store information that only interests to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (for example, a list of products purchased) and disappear at the end of the session.
- Persistent cookies: are those in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
- Technical cookies: are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, including those that the editor uses to allow the management and operation of the page web and enable its functions and services, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the process of purchasing an order, manage payment, control fraud linked to the security of the service, make a request for registration or participation in an event, count visits for the purposes of billing licenses for the software with which the service works (website, platform or application), use security elements while browsing, store content for the broadcast of videos or sound, enable dynamic content (for example, animation of loading a text or image) or share content through social networks.
Also belonging to this category, due to their technical nature, are those cookies that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, as one more element of design or “layout” of the service offered to the user, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform based on criteria such as edited content, without information being collected from users for different purposes, such as customizing that advertising content or other content.
- Preference or customization cookies: these are those that allow the user to remember information so that the user accesses the service with certain characteristics that can differentiate their experience from that of other users, such as, for example, the language, the number of results to be displayed when the user performs a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser through which the user accesses the service or the region from which he accesses the service, etc.
- Analysis or measurement cookies: these are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked, including the quantification of the impacts of the advertisements. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the use data made by users of the service.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these are those that store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
The specific uses we make of these technologies are described below.
What specific Cookies does this website use and for what purposes?
They are those that allow the user to navigate through the web page and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, user authentication … etc.
- moove_gdpr_popup: own and session cookie used to save cookie preferences. Expiration: 1 year.
Preference or customization cookies:
They are those that allow the user to remember information so that the user accesses the service with certain characteristics that can differentiate their experience from that of other users, such as, for example, the language, the number of results to show when the user performs a search, the appearance or content of the service depending on the type of browser through which the user accesses the service or the region from which he accesses the service, etc.
Analysis or measurement cookies:
They are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked, including the quantification of the impacts of the advertisements. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the use data made by users of the service.
- _ga: Third-party and analysis cookie to record user identification. Expiration 2 years.
- _gat: Third-party and analysis cookie, to analyse browsing behaviour. Expiration 10 minutes.
- _gid: Third-party and analysis cookie to record the user ID. Expiration 24 hours.
Behavioural advertising cookies:
They are those that store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
They are those that social network service providers can install when the user selects to share certain content from our website on the social network that they operate.
Who uses the information stored in Cookies?
The information stored in the Cookies of our Website is used exclusively by the FOUNDATION, with the exception of those identified as “Third Party Cookies”, which are used and managed by external entities to provide us with services requested by us and which are identified in each of the cookies of this type. The main services for which these “Third Party Cookies” are used are to show you personalized content.
Current legislation allows us to store cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of the Website (Technical Cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, including enabling its functions and services, identifying the session, accessing parts of restricted access, remembering the elements that make up an order …), for all other types of Cookies, your express consent is necessary, therefore , when entering the Website for the first time, you will be informed about the Cookies that it uses, their purpose and characteristics, being able, through the Cookies Management System available at the following link, to decide which ones to grant and which ones no.
In conclusion, these technical cookies used by the Website, by their nature, are exempt from compliance with the obligations established in article 22.2 of the LSSI since they allow the service requested by the user to be provided. For this reason, the acceptance of said Cookies is necessary to be able to access the Website, so that its non-acceptance may imply not being able to continue browsing it or, if this is possible, the use of some of its services may be limited and you will not be able to take full advantage of everything that this Website offers you.
Finally, the FOUNDATION warns you that in some cases it may be necessary to install Cookies so that the browser does not forget its decision not to accept them.
Web browsers are the tools in charge of storing Cookies and from them you can exercise your right to eliminate or deactivate them.
If you wish to withdraw your consent related to this Cookies Policy at any time, disabling and eliminating stored Cookies, or wish to restrict or block them, you can do so by modifying your browser settings in accordance with the guidelines indicated below.
Although the configuration of each browser is different, it is usual that the configuration of Cookies is made in the “Preferences” or “Tools” menu. In the following links you will find information on how to manage Cookies depending on your browser:
- Google Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/es-es/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/
The FOUNDATION cannot guarantee the correct or incorrect handling of Cookies by the aforementioned browsers, nor is it responsible for the content or the veracity of the privacy policies that the third parties mentioned in this Cookies policy may have.
In turn, there are third-party tools, available online, that allow users to detect Cookies on each website they visit and manage their deactivation.
If you access the Website through other mobile devices, be aware that, as with computer browsers, mobile device browsers allow changes to be made to privacy options or settings to deactivate or eliminate cookies.
If you wish to modify the privacy options, follow the instructions specified by the developer of your mobile device browser.
Below, you can find some examples of the links that will guide you to modify the privacy options on your mobile device:
– IOS: (http://goo.gl/61xevS)
– Windows Phone: (https://goo.gl/tKyb0y)
– Chrome Mobile: (http://goo.gl/XJp7N)
– Opera Mobile: (http://goo.gl/Nzr8s7)
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you can easily revoke consent by accessing the Cookie Management System available at the following link. In it you can review the consent granted to the use of each type of Cookie being able to revoke it (disabling said cookies), keep them enabled or enable those that at the time had not enabled.
The website uses information security techniques generally accepted in the industry, such as firewalls, access control procedures, and cryptographic mechanisms, all with the aim of preventing unauthorized access to data. To achieve these purposes, the user accepts that the FOUNDATION obtain data for the purposes of the corresponding authentication of access controls.
Any process that involves the introduction of high-level personal data will always be transmitted through a secure communication protocol, in such a way that no third party has access to the information transmitted electronically.
Communications and international data transfers
In no case will own cookies be used to collect personal information.
Acceptance of the Cookies policy
Acceptance of this Cookies Policy implies that the user has been informed in a clear and complete way about the use of data storage and retrieval devices (Cookies) as well as that the FOUNDATION has the user’s consent for the use of the same as established in article 22 of the LSSI.
For any questions or queries about this Cookies Policy, do not hesitate to contact us through the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.